Ok, maybe it’s not an Oscar. But as much as I like to think I write my blog simply for my own sake, it is very gratifying when I receive positive feedback … or any feedback … that tells me that someone else has taken a few moments out of their day to read my musings. So I’d like to thank the lovely ladies at We Shall Have Pie for nominating me for a Liebster award!
What exactly is a Liebster award? The name comes from a German word that means something (or someone) that is dear or beloved. In the blogging world, a Liebster award is for small-ish blogs that are highly regarded by fellow bloggers. No fancy cash and prizes, but a lovely boost of confidence nonetheless!
Like most prize winnings, the Liebster Blog Award comes with some terms and conditions. If nominated you must:
- Add the award icon into your blog
- Link to your nominator and say thank you
- Post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers (and let them know)
- Post 11 new questions to the bloggers you nominate
(I’m not sure who actually enforces these stipulations. Perhaps there is a secret Liebster police task-force I am unaware of? But regardless, I am honored by the nomination and will do my best to play by the rules!)
Eleven Random Things About Me:
- One of my favorite jobs was as a barista at a family-run coffee shop. It still makes me sad that it went out of business!
- A bathroom in my house is decorated in scarlet and gray, complete with Ohio State Football wallpaper.
- The name of the Spirit Airlines inflight magazine (Skylights) came from me. There was a naming contest when I was an employee there, and I won … Although in typical Spirit Airlines fashion, they jipped me out of my prize.
- I am very afraid of large birds, such as geese, peacocks, and chickens. That’s right, I said chickens.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I like to read historical fiction, especially novels set during the U.S. Civil War.
- I hate the color pink, and I get very annoyed when sports teams sell items with their logos in pink just to attract a female audience. (Unless, of course, it is for breast cancer awareness.)
- I also hate bacon. The smell grosses me out. I know this may make me very unpopular, but please don’t stop reading my blog because of it!
- When I was young, I went through a ballerina phase.
- I collect shot glasses, although I don’t drink out of them. (I’m a beer girl!)
- My all-time favorite movie is “Rudy” and I like to watch it the night before a big race.
Eleven Questions From My Nominator:
- Have you ever traveled to another country? — Yes! Canada, Mexico, various Caribbean islands, and several countries in Europe. Switzerland is my favorite!
- Do you enjoy dressing up for special occasions? — It may surprise a lot of people who think of me as a tomboy, but I do love to get dressed up.
- If you run what is your favourite season to run in? — I am really enjoying my winter runs this year, but autumn is my favorite. Cool breezes, crunchy leaves underfoot, and the smell of bonfires!
- Do you play an instrument? — Technically, yes. I learned to play the piano and the flute, but I wasn’t that good at either.
- Do you drink pop? — Very, very rarely. Maybe once a month.
- What is your shoe size? — Somewhere around an 8, give or take. My feet changed shape after both pregnancies, very frustrating!
- What is your Favourite Disney character? — I am not really a big Disney fan. When they create a princess that runs marathons, she will be my favorite.
- Do you have any tattoos? — Nope, although I have some pretty decent scars from trail running and biking accidents.
- If you could choose an age, what would it be? — Any age where someone would expect me to take a nap every afternoon.
- Which one would you do? rock climbing or wind surfing? — Both … but not at the same time.
- What is your favourite type of pie? — Apple, no contest.
And now (drumroll, please) …
My Eleven Nominees:
- Girls Run the 901: http://www.girlsrunthe901.com/
- Will Run for Glitter: http://willrunforglitter.com
- Move Eat Create: http://moveeatcreate.wordpress.com/
- Milk Free Mom: http://www.milkfreemom.com/
- This Running Mom’s Life: http://thisrunningmomslife.wordpress.com/
- Wisps of Thought Amongst the Smoke: http://jbswisps.blogspot.com/
- The Frolicking Fells: http://thefrolickingfells.com/
- rUnladylike: http://www.runladylike.com/
- Rise Run Mom Repeat: http://riserunmomrepeat.blogspot.com/
- Skinny Jeans & a Chai Latte: http://skinnyjeanschailatte.com/
- Barefoot Technology: http://jericeblog.wordpress.com/
Eleven Questions for My Nominees:
- Where do you live?
- What do you do for a living?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Who is your favorite author?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- If you could live in any historical time period, which would you choose?
- How many cups of coffee do you drink on an average day?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Brussels sprouts: Delicious or disgusting?
- What is your favorite beer? Or, if you don’t drink beer, why not?
- What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
For anyone else that wants to play along, feel free to post your answers in the “comments” section below. I love learning more about my readers! Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more regularly scheduled content …
The author is a wife, mother, and solidly average “middle of the pack” runner from Northeast Ohio. She is currently training for the 2013 Flying Pig marathon, and plans to run the 2013 Rock ‘N’ Roll Cleveland half marathon while raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. To help her reach her goal, please visit her webpage: http://pages.teamintraining.org/noh/rnrclevh13/MileageMama
Follow her journey on Twitter @MileageMama: https://twitter.com/MileageMama